Groups are run through the summer holidays. Each group is small with a maximum of 6 children.
Parent goals are sorted at the beginning and a short report will follow the end of the groups.
Our experience shows that when a child is exposed to therapy with intensity (10 sessions in two weeks), there is marked change in skills, strength and confidence.
Types of groups:
Intensive Sensorimotor Group:
10 sessions of 1.5 hours over two weeks. The intensity creates greater changes than can be achieved with weekly OT. Addressing gross motor, fine motor skills and sensory processing.
- Organisational skills, on task behaviour and listening
- Sense of calmness
- Posture, strength, coordination
- Fine & gross motor skills
- Sensory processing
- Eye Tracking
10 sessions over 2 weeks to address all the skills needed for school entry (Kindergarten and Pre Primary)
- Following a routine
- Fine Motor skills
- Spatial Skills
- Social Skills
- Postural control – the ability to sit upright
- Gross motor skills
- Body awareness
- Listening Skills
10 sessions over 2 weeks to address hand writing, hand strength and dexterity, and upper limb and core strength.
- Core strength/Postural control
- Mechanics of handwriting – pencil grip, in-hand manipulation skills
- Vestibular function – balance, muscle tone, eye movement
- Shoulder stability
- Integration of postural reflexes
- Upper limb and hand movement
- Thinking and writing at the same time
- Listening and social skills
10 sessions over 2 weeks to develop the skills necessary for engagement and interaction with others.
- Awareness of others
- Joining in and taking turns
- Reading and responding to social cues
- Dealing with teasing