Laying the foundation for your child's future.
Why Choose Melville Occupational Therapy and Extra Lesson?
- Melville Occupational Therapy considers the whole child.
- We consider the context of family and school.
- We have a sensory processing focus.
- We have a customized sensory integration room.
- Our Occupational Therapists are highly trained .
- We offer clinic, home and school based services.
- DSS (HACWA and Betterstart) provider.
- NDIS provider.
- Medicare Better Access to Mental Health (BAMHs)
- 0 to 18 years.
We offer Occupational Therapy services for children experiencing difficulty with sensory integration, anxiety, emotional regulation, social skills, fine motor skills and gross motor skills.
Full Range of Modalities Include:-
- Sensory Integration.
- Sensory Processing Strategies.
- Therapeutic Listening.
- Integrated Listening Systems (iLs).
- Extra Lesson®.
- Fine and Gross Motor Development.
- Student Performance Enhancement.
- Visual Perception.
- Play based intervention.
Melville Occupational Therapy and Extra Lesson® considers the whole child within the context of both home and school.
Melville Occupational Therapy and Extra Lesson put 8 children through the Integrated Listening System’s Safe and Sound Program in April 2018. This program delivers filtered music through air conduction headphones using only vocal music. The focus of this program is on the middle frequencies which in turn supports language, emotional regulation and anxiety.
The parents filled in the Measure of Foundations of Abilities questionnaire before and after the program and each parent was interviewed afterwards.
Melville Occupational Therapy and Extra Lesson for Children is now registered as a WA NDIS My Way provider. To learn about the services we provide and if you are eligible to receive them please continue reading.